Associate Program Manager: KP Civic Innovation Fellowship
Code for Pakistan is a Civic Innovation Platform made up of a passionate community of talented professionals and students in Pakistan and the US, driven by a strong belief in civic innovation and social impact that can move Pakistan forward in measurable and meaningful ways. In addition to several other initiatives, Code for Pakistan has successfully implemented 2 cycles of its Civic Innovation Fellowship Program in Peshawar in partnership with the World Bank and KP Govt, and is launching its third cycle this year.
About the KP Civic Innovation Fellowship Program:
The Fellowship Program is a 6-month program that is jointly supported by Code for Pakistan and the KP Government, where a team of talented researchers, designers, community organizers, and developers collaborate to build apps, inspire citizen engagement, improve government, and show how to innovate in public services. These apps can help solve problems in a variety of public domains, such as healthcare, crime, disaster management, citizen engagement, transportation, traffic, education, etc. See more information on the Fellowship Program HERE.
Our Fellowship Program revolves around three key features:
- Citizens and government working together, hand-in-hand, to solve problems
- Adopting user-centric, lean, and agile development methodologies
- Increasing civic engagement by creating innovative solutions in public services
This is a full-time, high energy, paid position, based in Peshawar. This Associate Program Manager position will manage the Fellowship Program, pairing technologists with local government partners, to ensure high quality deliverables and high level of program satisfaction from all parties.
- Proficient in handling the complex product development concepts, latest software tools and technologies, strong database concepts, and design thinking techniques.
- Understand different programming languages and have the ability to solve problems in coding, testing, and deployment.
- Proficient in using and integrating GitHub with product development.
- Possess good knowledge of different software systems, client/server architectures, and various compatibility requirements.
- Experienced in software development and testing processes, and have the ability to understand and implement govt requirements.
- A strong understanding of Lean Startup, Agile, and Scrum methodology to manage Fellowship Projects, and to be able to teach these methodologies to the Fellows.
- Understand project requirements, coordinate with resources and direct the projects in the right direction in a timely manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the Fellow teams and the Govt Partners.
- Delegate and allocate responsibilities efficiently to manage projects end to end.
- Effectively lead, inspire, and coach fellows on civic innovation, the global civic technology movement, and how to achieve goals through innovation, quality, and excellence.
- Be able to develop and establish a solid curriculum and drive Fellows through curriculum to deliver civic products.
- Ability to identify strengths and weaknesses of team members and suitably make changes if required.
- Resource management skills and ability to handle complex / sensitive issues.
- Encourage team interaction, boost motivation and appreciate team contribution.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Must ensure teams follow the correct procedures, policies, and documentation requirements across project phases.
- Able to guide the team through agile-development, testing, and implementation stages and review the completed work effectively.
- Provide direction and technical expertise in design, development, and systems integration.
- Must provide technical training to teams when required and serve as a technical mentor to team members.
- Must ensure all project code from the Fellowship is uploaded, maintained and properly documented on GitHub.
- Interview and evaluate candidates for the Fellowship Program.
- Establish a technical curriculum to drive Fellows through to deliver civic products.
- Ensure standard operating procedures and project guidelines are in place.
- Task allocation and performance evaluation of team members.
- Make presentations on project status, present bi-monthly demos and reports to senior management and the partnering Govt departments.
- Understand the MVP development process and make sure Fellows have their products be continuously used and tested by Govt right from the outset, even prior to an MVP.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or related field. Preferably with a Master’s Degree in Management.
- 5 years of Software Product Development experience with at least 2 years of that experience in Management.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply with:
- a detailed letter that explains your interest in the role and your ideas for furthering Code for Pakistan,
- your resume, and
- a link to your LinkedIn profile
by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org .
Deadline to Apply: 3 Sept, 2016.