Code for Pakistan hiring an “Alumni & M&E Lead” to further strengthen the KP Civic Innovation Fellowship Program.
The KP Civic Innovation Program in Peshawar is a 6-month mentored program enabling professionals to work alongside domain experts in government and takes a need finding approach to underline the most pressing problems faced by both government and citizens. The KP Fellowship Program is Code for Pakistan’s flagship program and 2017 marks the completion of the third successful Fellowship cycle. So far, 50 Fellows have been graduated under this program and 14 applications have been developed in partnership with 11 different government departments.
We are looking to hire an M&E and Alumni Network Lead to further strengthen the program. The lead will be responsible for maintaining existing government relationships, monitoring the progress of developed apps and assessing the impact of the department’s quality of work and improvement in citizens’ lives from the usage of those applications.
In 2016, we set forth the foundation for the KP Fellowship Alumni network that also requires the lead to be responsible for creating a framework and devising strategy for the network, organizing events, connecting Fellows with industry experts, building relationships with relevant stakeholders and strengthening the overall prestige and structure of the network. In particular, the Fellowship Alumni and M&E Lead will be responsible for:
Fellowship Alumni Role
- Establishing relationships with key industry stakeholders and government officials and ensuring their engagement for strategic alliance in the program and buy-in at the highest level.
- Engaging industry stakeholders by inviting them to mentor Fellows and deliver keynotes/talks on relevant topics.
- Setting up an effective referral system and enabling Fellows by connecting them to relevant jobs as per their skillset within the industry.
- Building community spirit and ensuring Fellows engagement by setting up activities and initiatives for their outreach to larger Fellowship community, including Code for All.
- Ensuring Alumni engagement by setting up and managing online Alumni directory and Slack Channels, sharing relevant resources and opportunities and enabling an effective Alumni communication outreach channel between different Fellowship batches.
- Engaging Alumni Fellows in the mentorship and planning of new cycle of KP Fellowship Program.
- Establishing a tracking mechanism to measure the meaningful success and engagement of graduated Fellows within the industry.
- Establishing PR around Fellowship Programme and highlighting success stories through storytelling.
Monitoring & Evaluation Role
- To devise and implement over all qualitative and quantitative M&E system for KP Fellowship Program.
- To monitor and evaluate KP Fellowship program all activities pertaining to Fellows daily operations, applications development , deployment and sustainability within the industry.
- Developing strategies for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the KP Fellowship Program by identifying bottlenecks in apps development and deployment activities.
- Assessing the overall impact of the application on the department’s workings and on citizens’ lives through usage of developed applications. This would include measuring the amount of time and money saved and comparing the previous data with the benchmarking data collected at the beginning of the project.
- Support all M&E initiatives for assigned grant(s)/project(s) including monitoring data quality, tracking the progress of activities, and contributing to staff capacity building initiatives as necessary.
- Documenting results of the M&E system and producing periodic reports required by Head of Fellowship Program.
- Conducting annual reviews and planning workshops in consultation with Head of Fellowship Program.
- Assisting KP Fellowship Program Manager in the preparation of reports on the findings and lessons learned from program innovations.
- Establishing , building and maintaining effective working relationships within team and government departments to facilitate the provision of support as required i.e M&E data collection
- Liaising with government departments through regular meet-ups.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum qualifications: Master’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Demographics, Public Policy, International Development, Social Sciences, or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a leadership position with proven success in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
- Experience in designing and managing beneficiary monitoring and database systems.
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans.
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies through M&E tools
- Ability to facilitate and serve as a project liaison for externally-managed evaluations.
- Strong team player.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proven ICT skills especially using M&E tools & database softwares.
- Prior working experience within government or IT industry.
- Preference will be given to candidates with prior experience of event and volunteers management.
- Proficient in Asana, Trello and/or any other tool to manage day to day tasks.
- Based in Peshawar.
Please apply by submitting your resume to email@example.com.