Code for Pakistan is a Civic Innovation Platform made up of a passionate community of talented professionals and students in Pakistan and the US, driven by a strong belief in civic innovation and social impact that can move Pakistan forward in measurable and meaningful ways. We are working on programs that will help put Pakistan on the map as a Civic Innovation Hub. Code for Pakistan is currently running a Fellowship Program (Peshawar), 2 Civic Innovation Labs (Lahore, Peshawar), and has completed 3 Civic Hackathons (Karachi, Lahore, Peshawar). We are looking for a Programs Director to extend the reach of our Innovation Labs to other cities, organize two or more 3-day multi-city Hackathons each year, and create innovative and measurable programs of your own that seek to inspire participation in civic hacking and innovation in public services.
This is a full-time, paid, executive leadership position. We have secured funding for our platform and are growing at an incredibly fast pace.
Think about your last time stuck in traffic — or at NADRA getting your National ID Card renewed… Ever had to go to the police station? Visited a ghost government school? What about spending untold hours with no electricity thanks to load-shedding? No one wants to spend countless hours in traffic or wait in that interminable CNG line. Or pretty much have anything to do with public services, if they can help it. What if interacting with public services wasn’t so painful? What if every trip was a positive, easy experience?
Enter the world of civic hacking. The good kind of hacking. It’s the empowerment of citizens to create solutions themselves. It goes hand-in-hand with Government 2.0*.
The ideal candidate is an organized DOER – brilliant, fearless, and a passionate leader who is uncompromising in his or her pursuit of building a world-class platform that will positively affect the lives of Pakistanis every day.
- You have a strong desire to make an impact in Pakistani society.
- Proven leadership skills in your current role or a previous one.
- Solid organization and communication skills.
- You get things done and have consistently proven so.
- Tech savvy. You have a demonstrated interest in the application of technology for solving real-world problems.
- Creativity. People remember your ideas because of their uniqueness.
- Experience working with and building relationships with government agencies.
- Exposure to and understanding of design thinking, innovation, and creative cultures is a plus!
- 3+ years of experience working in leadership roles.
BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATION:
As the Code for Pakistan Programs Manager, you will:
- Be an active member of the global Code for All network.
- Build partnerships with local government agencies.
- Gain a better understanding of civic problems and global solutions.
- Learn why most conventional solutions fail.
- Realize and apply the untapped potential of technology in the public sector.
- Work with an amazing network of technology entrepreneurs, government officials, and social impact organizations such as the World Bank.
- Learn how the government works (or why it doesn’t work!)
- Have tremendous social impact on the lives of your fellow citizens by implementing high impact programs.
- Along the way, you’ll learn highly desirable skills in community organization, leadership, entrepreneurship, and the application of technology towards solving important civic problems.
- As the leader of CfP programs in Pakistan, you will also be invited to the Code for America Annual Summit, which is held in September in San Francisco, California, as well as the Code for All Annual Meetup, held in Europe in July.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply with:
- a letter that explains your interest in the role and your ideas for furthering Code for Pakistan,
- your resume, and
- a link to your LinkedIn profile
by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org .